1. Commitment to privacy
- TravelTank Limited (“TravelTank”) (hereinafter referred to as “we” “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy of those using our site, applications and other platforms, and the confidentiality of the personal information with which our users provide us. The term “you” refers to the Customer or any of the customers associates, assigns, privies, directors, shareholders, employees or workers visiting and/or using our website, services, applications or any other TravelTank Platform.
2. Use of information
We use the information we collect to serve our Customers. Here are some examples of how we use your information:
- To complete and process travel service related transactions (such as a flight or hotel bookings);
- To personalize the customer experience through specific marketing and recommendation emails;
- To update you on upcoming trips and changes to itineraries;
- To attend to any customer service queries; and
- To investigate and prevent illegal, unauthorized and or fraudulent activities.
- We may also use your information to let you know about enhancements to the site and other relevant use such as marketing. In this regard, we will keep you updated with our latest news, offers, services, prices, deals, and other relevant information.
- If you would rather not receive this information, you can either inform us in writing, or “opt out” by following the unsubscribe link contained in any email marketing communications that you receive from us.
When you register and/or use our site, applications and or other platforms, we may ask you to provide certain information, including but not limited to:
- User Name and Passwords;
- Date of Birth;
- Home and Billing Address;
- Passport Details;
- Telephone Number;
- Credit Card Details; and
- Frequent Flyer Numbers.
- We will store the above information and may use it to contact you, provide you with details of Services and otherwise for our normal use, unless you have expressly asked us not to do so in writing.
We do not pass on your personal information to any third parties except:
- To enable you obtain access to the restricted parts of certain third parties’ information;
- To enable you receive information you have requested to be sent to you by post; or
- To enable you receive and or complete a service.
- In order to enable us to improve our site, applications and other platforms and or diagnose problems with our servers, we may gather information about you when you use it such as: details of your operating system, browser version, domain name and internet providers address, and the details of the website from which you came.
- Our Site may provide links to other sites. We are not responsible for their privacy protection policies. You should check their privacy policies if you are concerned.
- You agree that we may disclose to any regulatory authority empowered to require such information by or under any legal enactment, any information they may request or require in relation to you or if relevant, any of your clients, agents, shareholders, directors, privies or associates.
3. Other applicable uses
- If you obtain or choose to obtain Services through our website, applications and other platforms, we may collect information about your buying behavior.
- If you send us personal correspondence such as emails or letters or post reviews or other messages on the bulletin boards or in the chat areas, then we may collect this information into a file specific to you (together, the various purposes set out in this paragraph and the preceding paragraph shall be known as “the Purposes”).
- By using our site, applications and other platforms, you agree to the processing and disclosure of your personal information for the Purposes. If you would like to review or modify any part of your personal information, then you should notify us.
4. Recording calls
- We monitor and record all telephone calls made to our call center. This is mandatory for us to provide the service to you.
- Cookies are messages given to a web browser by a web server. The message is then stored by the browser in a text file called cookie.txt. Each time the browser requests a page from the server, this message is sent back. A cookie’s main objective is to identify users and personalize their visit by customizing web pages for them, for example by welcoming them by name next time they visit the same site.
- A site using cookies will usually invite you to provide personal information such as your name, email address and interests. We use this information to help improve our functionality and services, run diagnostics, analyze trends, track visitor movements, gather broad demographic information and personalize our services.
- If you don’t want cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies.
- Please note that, if you do set your internet browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of our site.
6. Further information
- You may request us to delete your data from our website, by emailing email@example.com.
7. Data Protection
- We shall use our best endeavors to comply with the data protection laws, regulations and implementation framework (including but not limited to the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation 2019) in force in the Federal Republic of Nigeria in the processing of personal and other relevant data obtained in the course of the performance of our obligations and your use of our site, applications and other platforms. Where we utilize third party processors to perform our obligations under this Agreement, we shall use our best endeavors to ensure that the processor is under a similar confidentiality and data protection obligation as those contained herein.
- We shall use our best endeavors to adopt and implement adequate physical and technical measures with a view to guarantying the confidentiality, secure processing and storage of Personal and Sensitive Data obtained and processed through the use of our site, applications and other platforms.
- This clause shall be applicable to customers signing up via Facebook.
8. Deletion of data from Facebook account
Where you intend on deleting our associated data from your Facebook account, you shall perform the following steps:
- Log in to Facebook;
- Click on settings and privacy;
- On the left-hand side, click on Apps and Websites;
- Click on ‘View and Edit’ for TravelTank Official Facebook page;
- Scroll down and click on ‘remove this app’.